12/10/2017 04:30 PM PST

County opens Local Assistance Center for Lilac Fire

Starting Monday morning, the County of San Diego will establish a Local Assistance Center (LAC) to help survivors of the Lilac Fire begin the rebuilding and recovery process. The LAC will be located at the Vista branch library, located at 700 Eucalyptus Avenue in Vista, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Services available at the recovery center will include case management, crisis counseling and referral services, assistance with tax relief information and records replacement, short term housing referrals, CalFresh/SNAP resources and information, and a mobile medical clinic. Additionally, there will be information on residential rebuilding and permitting and consumer fraud.

Service providers at the LAC include: 211 San Diego, the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, San Diego Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (SD VOAD), as well as insurance providers. The County of San Diego will have multiple departments present including: Agriculture, Weights and Measures; Air Pollution Control District; Assessor/Recorder/County Clerk, Animal Services, Child Support Services, Environmental Health, the District Attorney, Public Health, Behavioral Health Services, Aging & Independence Services, Housing and Community Development, Planning & Development Services, and Public Works.

Residents who live in the unincorporated part of San Diego County may call the Recovery Assistance Hotline at (858) 495-5200 or email CountyFireRecovery@sdcounty.ca.gov. Both will be staffed by County employees from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. seven days a week. Residents in incorporated cities looking for recovery assistance are encouraged to contact their city. The County has also launched a Recovery website available at www.sdcountyrecovery.com

For the latest emergency updates in English and Spanish, visit www.sdcountyemergency.com, and download the SD Emergency app. If you are affected by the fire and need to talk to someone by phone about evacuations, shelters, road closures and other non-emergency disaster-related services, call 211. If you are hearing impaired, dial 711 and ask to be connected to (858) 300-1211.