06/09/2022 10:05 AM PDT
Excessive Heat Warning Issued Today, 6/9/22, 10:00 a.m. through 6/12/22, 8:00 p.m.
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for San Diego County Deserts, starting at 10:00 a.m. today until Sunday 6/12/22 at 8:00 p.m. Hot conditions with high temperatures of up to 110 degrees may be expected.
Visit the National Weather Service for more information and updates.
- Extreme heat increases the risk for heat-related illnesses and can affect those working or participating in outdoor activities.
- Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room if one is available, stay out of the sun and check up on relatives and neighbors by telephone, video call or in-person, while also following social distancing recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles at any time.
- Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening.
- Know the signs and symptoms of emergencies like heat exhaustion and heatstroke, visit: www.sandiegocounty.gov/hhsa/programs/phs/extreme_heat.
Borrego Springs Library, 2580 Country Club Road, Borrego Springs 92004 will be open as a Cool Zone. Hours of operation are Friday 6/10/22 and Saturday 6/11/22, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sunday 6/12/22, from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
For tips to beat the heat, visit: www.coolzones.org.