04/06/2022 10:55 AM PDT
Heat Advisory Issued from Today 4/6/22, 11:00 a.m. through Friday 4/8/22, 6:00 p.m. for San Diego County, CA
Visit the National Weather Service for more information and updates.
- Extreme heat increases the risk for heat-related illnesses and can affect those working or participating in outdoor activities.
- Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room if one is available, stay out of the sun and check up on relatives and neighbors by telephone, video call or in-person, while also following social distancing recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles at any time.
- Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening.
- Know the signs and symptoms of emergencies like
heat exhaustion and heatstroke, visit: www.sandiegocounty.gov/hhsa/programs/phs/extreme_heat