12/10/2017 12:54 PM PST
Lilac Fire Update: School Closures, Animal Removal
According to CAL FIRE San Diego, the Lilac Fire remains at 4,100 acres and is 60% contained as of 7:00 a.m. on December 10.
The San Diego County Office of Education has announced that the Bonsall Unified School District, Fallbrook Union Elementary School District, Fallbrook Union High School District, Mountain Empire Unified School District, St. Peter the Apostle (Catholic school), Spencer Valley School District, and Valley Center Pauma Unified will remain closed on Monday, December 11. The San Marcos Unified School District and Vista Unified School District will be open on December 11.
Districts and charter schools that were closed on Dec. 8 but will be open on Dec. 11 include:
- Bella Menter Montessori Academy (charter School)
- Carlsbad Unified School District
- Classical Academy and Classical Academy High School (charter schools)
- Coastal Academy (charter school)
- Epiphany Prep: Escondido campus (charter school)
- Escondido Charter High School (charter school)
- Guajome Park Academy (charter school)
- Heritage K-8 (charter school)
- Julian Union Elementary School District
- Julian Union High School District
- Momentum Learning juvenile court and community schools (operated by SDCOE: Youth Day Center, Breaking Cycles North County, Innovations Academy of Empowerment, North County Technology Academy
- North County Academy (SDCOE-operated school)
- North County Trade Tech High School (charter school)
- Oceanside Unified School District
- San Marcos Unified School District
- Scholarship Prep (charter school)
- Vista Unified School District
- Warner Unified School District
Members of the public requiring removal of dead animals can call the County?s Department of Animal Services Emergency Dispatch at (619) 236-2341. Dispatchers will ask for the location of the animal, the type of animal, and number of animals to be removed.
For the latest emergency updates in English and Spanish, visit www.sdcountyemergency.com, and download the SD Emergency app. If you are affected by the fire and need to talk to someone by phone about evacuations, shelters, road closures and other non-emergency disaster-related services, call 211. If you are hearing impaired, dial 711 and ask to be connected to (858) 300-1211.